About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
This is the journey of an average girl trying to lose weight and embarking on a new adventure. Everything you read and see posted from me is real. I wear my heart on my sleeve and make mistakes just like everyone! Everything on this page is just my opinion I do not claim to be an expert I am just giving my account of how I feel!

Wednesday 4 September 2013

My JuiceToU experience - Day 1

Juicing - what is it?

Juicing is the process of extracting juice from fruit and vegetables typically using a juice machine. The machine crushes and squeezes the juice and then disposes  of the pulp. The juices are then blended together (using a blender) to form a drink packed with vitamins and nutrients.

Juicing has been around for years and is definitely the way forward, its a fantastic way of receiving the benefits of fruit and vegetables even when you don't particularly like them! The secret is to mix them together and hide the tastes you don't like with the tastes you do.

Juicing is a brilliant way to get your kids involved with something healthy, my 3 year old Joshua loves to push the fruit & veg down into the juicer to see the juice come out, he is then more than happy to drink what he has just made.

I'm not new to juicing as I have followed the Juicemaster 7 day plan which got me hooked on the whole process. What I wanted to look into was how to make juicing even easier as it can be a chore to shop and prepare your fruit and veg and then to clean up after. This is when I came across JuiceToU, I follow many different juicing groups/companies/individuals on Twitter and noticed a few of them mention JuiceToU so I thought I would try it.

I would like to clarify that I do not work for JuiceToU or have any connection with them this is simply my personal experience from ordering their 3 day detox. 


JuiceToU's website is simple http://www.juicetou.com you select the products tab and then select the product which suits you, checkout using paypal (accepts credit and debt cards) and voila it wil be on its way. Deliveries are every Tuesday so mine arrived yesterday afternoon and was perfectly packed with ice bags to keep the juices cool, it was then down to me to find a space in the fridge to store it (I wish I had kept the mini fridge as that would have been perfect).




Now before I start talking about how I got on with the plan there are a few things I would like to prep you on if you are thinking of starting a juice detox.

1)      Firstly DON’T go off and have a huge binge the day/night before you start your detox as all that will do is make you gain extra weight/water retention which could hinder your 3 day results.

2)      Exercise is not recommended during juicing so use this as an opportunity to have a rest but if you are an exercise nut (like me) then just take it easy, walking is totally ok.

3)      If you are doing this to lose weight then weigh yourself without your clothes on the morning you start then weigh yourself on the morning of the 4th day for your final result.

4)      Take measurements of your waist and hips in cm’s, there is no point doing inches as its only 3 days but you will lose some cm’s.

5)      If you get hungry or feel like giving up just keep saying to yourself “Its only 3 days” chances are by the time you feel hungry alot of time has already passed and you have only 1 day left so hang on in there!

6)      WATER WATER WATER – you must drink at least 2 litres of water each day, buy a 2 litre bottle of water and have it next to you all the time. I find it easier to have a full 2 litre bottle rather than guess how many glasses I’ve had in a day! You can also have herbal teas (except green tea).

7)      DON’T cheat as your only cheating yourself, if you do get really desperate then it is always best to eat something that is in the ingredients of the juices for example an apple or celery rather than to give up completely or binge on something!

8)      Embrace being in control of your food intake, don’t focus on the negatives and keep yourself busy as 72 hours will fly by! I go to bed early! ha ha


Day 1

The first thing I noticed this morning was the amount of spare time I had on my hands, I usually have to cut up loads of fruit and vegetables, put them through the juicer and then clean the juicer. Today I simply opened the fridge door and took the amount of juices I needed, I work full time so I took all four in case I don’t get home in time for the 6pm juice.

My normal routine at work is to fill up my 2 litre bottle of water and make a coffee, my coffee today was substituted by warm water and half a squeezed lemon. There are 4 juices on the plan to drink per day. The first juice (Clean Green) was meant for 9am but I was slightly delayed by an hour. Clean Green contains spinach, cucumber, celery, apples and limes and on my first sip my taste buds were not instantly in love but then the majority of the ingredients are vegetables so I knew it was never going to be sweet. I could mainly taste and smell the cucumber. For those of you that are not keen on vegetables then you may struggle a little with this one but if you love your veg or are a purist you will love it. Even so, it is totally drinkable and only a small bottle so for the goodness of what it will bring its worth getting it down the hatch! 




My next juice at 12.15pm was Let’s Glow which consisted of oranges, apples, kiwi, grapes and strawberries. Given that this was 100% fruit I was expecting it to be sweet but it was quite zesty, maybe this could be down to being juiced with the orange skin on, I like to juice oranges, lemons and limes without the skin as the taste is too sharp for me. Lets Glow is sweeter than Clean Green but could do with a bit of pineapple or something just to take the zesty edge off, however if it’s pure you like then that’s exactly what you are getting. I suppose it’s a difficult task to get the taste right as everyone is different and I know I have a sweet tooth.

The 3pm juice is a repeat of the first juice Clean Green and strangely it actually tasted better than when I first tasted it this morning. These juices are definitely 100% better when really cold so don’t leave them hanging around to get warm. I know this is totally physiological but I already feel slimmer just by being so virtual!

My last juice of the day Berry Good was filled with pineapple, blueberries, strawberries, apples and raspberries and I would say this is my favourite of the 4 juices as it had a sweeter taste which is exactly what I needed tonight. 6-8pm is probably the worst time for me with dealing with hunger pangs I am usually preparing my partners dinner and leave myself till last to eat and tonight was no exception the smell of pizza in the oven tested my willpower but I take comfort in the fact that it is only 3 days of my life committed to this detox.

Times I felt hungry today: Twice - once, I downed another glass of water! Did you know that thirst is often mistaken for hunger so grab a glass of water before you worry about food, I find a hot herbal drink helps with these moments (I love roobios tea as it has a sweet taste and smells like custard powder check out the benefits
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rooibos) the other time I felt hungry was when dishing up my partner's pizza from the oven I had to do it quick and get it out the kitchen pronto!

Side effects today: a few hunger pangs and a slight headache this evening but other than that I feel fine.

Roll on day 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment